As a business owner, one of your challenges is learning how to balance between reinvesting into the business and setting money aside for personal savings. Since there are no longer employer-sponsored pension plans and the knowledge that retirement will come eventually, it’s important to have a retirement plan in place.
We’ve put together an infographic checklist that can help you get started on this.
Both TFSAs and RRSPs can be significant savings vehicles for your clients. We’ve put together an article to help your clients easily understand the differences between them – with one section focussing on differences in deposits and one focussing on differences in withdrawals.
The deposit section focuses on:
• How much contribution room is available each year
• How carry forward works for TFSAs and RRSPs
• Tax deductibility of contributions
• Tax treatment of growth
The withdrawal section focusses on:
• Conversion requirements
• Tax treatment of withdrawals
• Impact of withdrawals on government benefits
• Impact of withdrawals on contribution room
To help our clients, we’ve put together a comprehensive article filled with great tips on how to get ready for 2020 tax season. Here’s a summary of our personal tax tips article:
• Details about the different COVID-19 benefits programs and the tax ramifications of them
• Information about family tax issues including the Canada Child Benefits and tips on how to split income.
• Managing investments. Details about contributing to various savings plans such as a TFSA, RESP, or RDSP. Also tips on how and when to donate to charity and how to time the purchase or sale of investments.
• Retirement planning. How to make the most of your RRSP, things to know if you’ve turned 71, and tips on RRIF conversion.