Both TFSAs and RRSPs can be significant savings vehicles for your clients. We’ve put together an article to help your clients easily understand the differences between them – with one section focussing on differences in deposits and one focussing on differences in withdrawals.
The deposit section focuses on:
• How much contribution room is available each year
• How carry forward works for TFSAs and RRSPs
• Tax deductibility of contributions
• Tax treatment of growth
The withdrawal section focusses on:
• Conversion requirements
• Tax treatment of withdrawals
• Impact of withdrawals on government benefits
• Impact of withdrawals on contribution room
To help our clients, we’ve put together a comprehensive article filled with great tips on how to get ready for 2020 tax season. Here’s a summary of our personal tax tips article:
• Details about the different COVID-19 benefits programs and the tax ramifications of them
• Information about family tax issues including the Canada Child Benefits and tips on how to split income.
• Managing investments. Details about contributing to various savings plans such as a TFSA, RESP, or RDSP. Also tips on how and when to donate to charity and how to time the purchase or sale of investments.
• Retirement planning. How to make the most of your RRSP, things to know if you’ve turned 71, and tips on RRIF conversion.